Tuesday, November 15, 2011

today.

not me.
headstand

I don't know what it is.....
well, I do. 
But I can't pin point the exact thing. 
Maybe you get it too.....

The drive there. I'm giddy.
That first step from the cold hallway into the heated studio.
Barefoot. 
Unrolling my mat--making my little space for the next 75 minutes. 
Those first few breathes. Letting go of everything.
Warming up. Warmer, warmer, warmer. HOT.
That first drop of sweat felt slowly rollllllling down my nose. 
Onto the mat. 
Followed by 
one
two
three more drops.
Dripping
How it feels when I finally get that pose I've been working on. (oh don't worry, it didn't look quite like that. wow.)
How it feels when I fall flat on my face (FLAT. on my FACE.) 
from attempting another.
Laughing at myself for falling, but being happy that I tried.
Bending, twisting, stretching. 
And laying down at the end. 
Sleeping Deep in thought.
Going home and planning out when I'll be back.
Soon.

I am thankful for yoga in my life.
I blogged about it before here, and even since then I've grown so much. These last few weeks I've found this new love--digging deeper and pushing harder. 
Fearing less, and falling more. 
I love it.

What are YOU thankful for today?

7 comments:

Meg said...

lol you should read my blog post today! hahaha!
I love that you have a new thing to love and enjoy!

Brittany said...

i think i'll just follow your lead and also be thankful for yoga because i can do at least SOME, even with a terrible cold.

pakosta said...

I used to do Pilates and LOVED how it made me feel. I need to get back into that, and get as strong as you are!
thanks for sharing!
tara

jenny said...

I am thankful for this post! Such a nice reminder. I'm also thankful for yoga. There is something so magical about sweating on your mat and going deeper and deeper. Thank you!

Kasey said...

I've been tempted to try yoga, but the only class my gym offers is held at 5:30am. I'm SOOOOO not a morning person. I'd have to REALLY want to do it to drag myself out of bed at 5am to get there. I should do it before my membership expires in January!

Blake said...

I just wanted to let you know that your post inspired me to wake up at 5:00 am (even though I was up all night with the kids) and go to yoga. It's been hard to fit yoga into my schedule with 3 kids under 4 years old, but your PERFECT description of a challenging and hot yoga class made me realize what an important part of my routine it is - thank you :)

Anonymous said...

You are a terrific writer. I love to do yoga and the way you wrote about it truly pinned how it feels. Thanks for sharing. Just discovered your blog today and love it. Beautiful photos as well.